Sunday, March 11, 2012

Reflection #1- Critical Thinking

          After the first 2-3 weeks of class and after reading these first 5 pieces of work (method for thinking critically, engaging in political thinking, argumentation, closed mind, and concepts we live by) I  have a better understanding of how important critically thinking is. It opened my eyes to the fact that not everyone knows how to fully think about issues and that our own country is suffering from it. It made me grateful for the education and life lessons that I have learned that have taught me how to critically/politically think. I feel capable to make difficult decisions because I know I can make a pro and con list, ask questions, argue and counterargue, and expand on everyside of an issue. These pieces of writing have also made me grateful for all the people in my past that have critically thought and made decisions that have made my life the way it is now. I am now a little nervous for the future of our country simply because of the way our media is represented and projected. People that younger generations look up to need to learn not to be two-sided and make rash decisions based off of opinions or non provable statements. With the 2012 presidental election coming up in a few months, I sure hope that our president is chosen off of people's critical thoughts and that he/she themselves can critically think and make the best possible decisions for the whole of our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment