Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Reflection #4- Nature

         After reading Polemic, Wildlife in American Culture, Easter's End and Fable for Tomorrow along with taking my ecological footprint quiz some strong emotions have risen in me. I feel almost angry at the way our world runs. I wish that earlier on as humans progressed that smarter decisions would have been made that took our environment's condition into consideration. Unless huge changes are made very quickly in the world we live in today, I fear that our environment is going to be destroyed before we have time to reverse the damage we have caused it. Hybrid cars and houses made from recylced materials need to become the most popular items on the market so that we can stop cutting down our forest and polluting our life source (air). This section of class had made me more aware of my bad habits and given me a passion to try harder to preserve our earth. Our environment is sacred and I feel is abused. She (mother earth) has always taken care of us and been there to provide us with what we need physically and spiritually. The environment really is a spiritual thing that needs to be nourished. Mother earth brings us back down to earth and makes us realize it's not all about us, she can make us realize the greater outside powers of this world. Roads, trash, and advanced technology need to stop entering and corrupting nature. Making nature comfortable is different than changing the entire meaning of spending time in nature by bringing your whole household's stuff everytime you enter it. Nature is wonderful, beautiful and special and deserves better treatment. I am going to start doing my part to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment