Monday, March 12, 2012

Reflection #2- Poetry/Literature

          After reading Education by Poetry and Why Literature? I have had some cool thoughts about the written word; I decided I absolutely love it. Words have always been a huge part of my life because I never like to shut my mouth. I could talk all day if you let me but I also like listening and learning from others so reading, poetry and music are things I thoroughly enjoy. Music makes me feel original and can change my day from bad to great in a matter of a few measures. The cute, sad, playful, angry, or happy lyrics touch me everytime. I feel I agree with both the authors of these 2 passages when they say that poetry teaches metaphor, analogy, and parable and that literature is essential in entertaining and cultivating the mind. Everytime I am done reading or writing a poem or story, my mind is in a different place than usual. I feel like I think more deeply and consider more; my mind is clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment