Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dhammapada - Bhudda


“The mind, hard to control,

            Flighty – alighting where it wishes

One does well to tame.

            The disciplined mind brings happiness.”



This verse from the Dhamma stood out to me because it is something I just went through. Coming back from spring break was extremely hard for my mind to wrap around. I felt discouraged and slightly depressed when thinking about school again and the hard work that it brings. The morning before school, I almost faked sick to avoid it one more day but decided to go anyways. It ended up being one of the happiest days of my life because my mind was enthralled to be engaged in control, organization, and deeper thoughts. Disciplining my mind did bring me happiness.

           


No comments:

Post a Comment