Thursday, May 10, 2012

Tristan/Isolde


          Honor vs. Love? This story hit home for me because I honestly feel like it’s my life as we speak. I have been dating a guy for four years now and until the last two months my parents, friends, and family all hated him and thought he was not good enough for me and that I could do so much better. It was really hard at times because I wanted to be with him over anyone else but with all the negative pressure it made dating him hard. There were a few times in the past that I ended it because I started letting everyone else’s opinions get to me. We have always ended up back together because we really do love each other. My parents recently have let his looks and past go and really got to know him so now they adore him and realize how happy he makes me. Picking honor over love was a hard decision. As much as people say they don’t care what other people think, it’s human to care about others thoughts about you and so dating him was a battle between my head and heart. Now that it’s all over I am so glad that I fought for love, whether it’s forever love or not, I am glad I chose my feelings over being liked. Tristan eventually gave into his feelings as well as let his heart have what he truly desired; Isolde. Love is always more important that honor. Love is what gets you through the days and your reason for living. Honor can be lost or gained quickly and means something to different people, trying to fight for honor is like trying to catch the rain. Love is the reason for life; it’s what brings true and lasting happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment