Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Shocking Story - William Bradfor Huie


          This story absolutely broke my heart. I read some of the comments after it and really liked the one by Walter Tate. It is very true that if a white boy acted the same way as BoBo Till did nothing but a casual warning if that would have been done. I agree that it was inappropriate of him but not worth death; he is normal teenage boy. Worse things happen to me on a day to day basis by perfectly fine white boys that have grown up rich and respected by their Country. It makes me sick to know that a boy was just being himself, doing nothing to deserve death, but died because he was a Negro. I find it hard to believe that first he was killed, but that also his murderers were never condemned. They may not have had enough evidence to put them in jail but with enough witnesses you think something could have been done. I am proud of William Bradford Huie for writing this piece of work to let people know of what happened. I agree that what has happened, happened and that there is nothing we can do about it now to bring BoBo back but I also agree that I great lesson needs to be learned from this incident. This tragedy should have taught us equality, controlling tempers, humility, the true meaning of justice and respect for one another. I loved this story and it has inspired me to always be fair and honest in everything I do. I’m not sure how but it made me want to be a better person and treat people how I know they should be treated because it is no one’s place to judge and no one’s right to know when someone loved will be taken from this earth.

R.I.P – Emmett Till a.k.a BoBo

No comments:

Post a Comment