Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Reflection #5- Religion/Ways of Life


          This last week while reading about Taoism, Buddism and the Holy Qu'ran my mind opened up to a lot of new ideas and inspiration. I loved learning about these three religions because it made me realize how sheltered I am by only knowing about my religion and a few other popular ones. I definitely believe my religion is true but it still wouldn't hurt to get to a better understanding of others beliefs and religions. I loved comparing and contrasting my beliefs to those of the Bhudda. The Bhudda story and the Tao piece of work both inspired me to gain a better control of myself. It made me want to exercise more, eat better, and learn as much in this life as I possibly can. I love how it talks about a balance in all things. I believe that with balance, true contentment and happiness will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment